Monday, July 26, 2010

Counting Down: Last week in Springfield (in pictures.)

My last week in Springfield...

Joe's mom came for a visit. She made yummy yummy food, helped me pack, and it was nice to know that when Joe came back from LA, he had someone to come home to.



In the meantime, I...

grilled and made up some new recipes.
it ain't the 4th without barbecue.

salmon dill concoction

Painted some pottery w little g and sleepy baby e.

thank god for little girls!

cute little g.

My honorary boo drove in to say bye so we cried, laughed, drank, ate, and took a huge walk down memory lane.

besties.

amycakes!!

i flippin freakin love cupcakes!

yay!

drunken debauchery/farewell.

i love this kid!



and of course, we paid tribute to a time honored tradition.

tradition.

really, he came to participate in a drunken debauchery and a celebration of friends.



drunken debauchery/farewell.





the bromance.






which resulted in my FAVORITE. Picture. Ever.

FAVORITE PICTURE EVER!

in between, I made the room explode tried to pack.

messy cluttered crazy packing.

then I did the hardest thing in the world and said goodbye to my surrogate family.

miss a!

?

artichokes!

liv la.

but what was even neater than artichokes and hollandaise sauce, was being elevated to homemade pizza status.

homemade pizza status!

and then it was over. I ran what felt like six thousand errands, miraculously fit eight years of stuff into three suitcases, made room for all the special cards and gifts, packed and repacked then repacked again, and we were off to LA.

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
-William Arthur Ward